Home School Planners
At Elmhurst, we recognise that parental and family support is an essential part of every child's learning. We value parental contributions and encourage parents to communicate with us regularly through the Home School Planner. Every child in Reception through to Year 6 has one of these as a record of their reading.
Elmhurst School will:
- Read with your child at least three times a week in school.
- Record all individual/group reading at school and sign your child's Home School Planner each week.
- Respond to any written comments from parents/carers.
- Communicate with you about your child's learning e.g. if they have moved up book band or are working on particular sounds.
- Read with their child for a least 10 minutes five times per week and record this reading at home in the Home School Planner.
- Write to the teacher with any concerns, comments or queries regarding their child's learning in the Home School Planner.
- Sign the Home School Planner once a week.
Read with an adult at home for at least 10 minutes five times per week.
Encourage your adult to record this reading at home in your Home School Planner and sign it each week.
Look after your Home School Planner and take good care of it.