Schools are required to publish information which is updated annually showing how they comply with the Public Sector Equality Duty and to set at least one equality objective every 4 years. The need to advance equality of opportunity is defined in the Equality Act 2010 as having due regard to the need to:
- Remove or minimise disadvantages.
- Take steps to meet different needs.
- Encourage participation when it is disproportionately low.
We believe that the Equality Act 2010 provides a framework to support our commitment to valuing diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships between people. It also ensures that we continue to tackle issues of disadvantage and underachievement of different groups or individuals.
The objectives below represent our school’s priorities and are the outcome of a careful review and analysis of data and other evidence. They also take into account national and local priorities and issues.
Our Equality Objectives for the years 2023 - 2026 are:
1. To improve boys' outcomes in writing in KS1 so that they are line with their cohort and national averages.
2. To improve the attendance of pupils in receipt of pupil premium funding to 95% so that they are in line with national expectations.
3. To continue to purchase books and resources which represent our whole school community so that these are evident in all classrooms and learning spaces.
Gender Pay Gap Report
This is published on the Great Learners Trust website under MAT Statutory Information.
Page last updated: 11/09/23