Schools are required to publish information which is updated annually showing how they comply with the Public Sector Equality Duty and to set at least one equality objective every 4 years. The need to advance equality of opportunity is defined in the Equality Act 2010 as having due regard to the need to:
- Remove or minimise disadvantages.
- Take steps to meet different needs.
- Encourage participation when it is disproportionately low.
We believe that the Equality Act 2010 provides a framework to support our commitment to valuing diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships between people. It also ensures that we continue to tackle issues of disadvantage and underachievement of different groups or individuals.
The objectives below represent our school’s priorities and are the outcome of a careful review and analysis of data and other evidence. They also take into account national and local priorities and issues.
- By July 2021, to ensure that the attainment of EAL pupils in Phonics and Early Reading at the end of EYFS and KS1 is in line with National for this group.
- By July 2023, to ensure that the attainment of boys in writing at the end of EYFS, KS1 and KS2 is in line with National for this group.
- By July 2023, to ensure that the attainment of girls in mathematics at the end of EYFS, KS1 and KS2 is in line with National for this group.
- By July 2021, to have improved the outcomes for Disadvantaged Pupils in reading, writing and mathematics so that they are aligned with the outcomes for Disadvantaged Pupils nationally and close to National All Other data.
- To continue to educated pupils and staff, and to have clear systems and processes in place to actively stand up to prejudice and stereotypes through a variety of approaches. To have clear systems for improving the impact and outcomes for BAME people in all aspects of school life. To encourage the whole school community to commit to a society that faces the above challenges and advocates for the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights.