Governance and Financial Information
Chair of Governors | Simon Fletcher
Vice Chair of Governors | Charlie Perry
If you wish to contact Simon Fletcher, the Chair of Governors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Simon via the school office by calling 01296 481380
Parent Governor Vacancies
We have an exciting opportunity, we currently have a Parent Governor vacancy on our Governing Board. If you would like more information or would like to apply, please fill in the application form and email it to email@example.com.
The role of the Governing Board
It is the role of the Governors to support the leadership team of Elmhurst and to hold them accountable for the performance of pupils and staff. The Governing Board supports the school in key areas such as pupil welfare, progress and achievement, budgets, and staff development. The Governing Board also ensures the school's statutory obligations are met review and monitor objectives, plan for the future, and ensure the vision for the school is realistic.
The role of a Parent Governor
As a parent governor, you will play a key role on the board ensuring the views of parents and the local communicated. You will also work with the Governing Board to ensure it effectively carries out the duties referred to above.
To be a parent governor you should have:
• A strong commitment to the role and to improving outcomes for all children.
• Good interpersonal skills, curiosity, and a willingness to learn and develop new skills.
• Specific skills and competencies to help ensure the governing board delivers effective governance. These might include strategic leadership and decision making; financial management; risk management; personnel and performance management; educational improvement; data analysis; collaborative working with stakeholders.
Expectations of Governors
In your role you will be expected to:
• Attend governor meetings (we normally meet three times a term in the evening for around 2 hours). This will be a mix of face-to-face and virtual meetings.
• Maintain strict confidentiality.
• Commit to undertaking training though out your time as a governor.
• Visit the school to meet with staff and pupils, then report back to the governing board on findings.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the role, please complete the Parent Governor Candidate Form on the school website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we receive more applications than there are vacancies, a secret ballot will be carried out. We will inform you closer to the time if we have to do this.
If you have any queries about this process or would like to find out more about the role, please contact simon.fletcher@ESGLT.co.uk
Page last updated: 26/09/2022