"I love how our projects make us open our minds and think of different ways to learn and solve problems." - Year 5 Child
Our wider curriculum is inspired by Jonathan Lear's Guerrilla Education and it aims to develop both propositional knowledge and procedural knowledge; it encourages independence, curiosity and creativity; produces collaborators, innovators, leaders and, above all, it helps our children to understand what it means to be human.
We believe that the purpose of education is to bring about goodness: human flourishing and this is promoted through our School's Core Values:
Aspire Create Think
Central to the curriculum are the following key skills that underpin everything we do:
- To seek out and enjoy challenges
- To collaborate with others
- Assess themselves and others
- To speak clearly and convey ideas confidently
- To read and communicate efficiently and apply skills to solve problems
- To use new technologies confidently and purposefully
- To ask questions to extend their thinking
- To generate ideas and explore possibilities
- To overcome barriers by trying out alternatives or new solutions
- To connect ideas and experiences in inventive ways
Our curriculum content is spread across three terms allowing us to explore each area of the curriculum in greater depth and enabling us to provide inspirational opportunities for children to immerse themselves in the content of the learning.
Autumn Term - Discover (History Focus)
Spring Term - Explore (Geography Focus)
Summer Term - Create (Arts Focus)
Computing weaves throughout all three terms of work. Further information is provided in the Curriculum Implementation section below and on the Computing page.
If you would like further information on the curriculum or how to help your child at home then please get in contact with our Lead Practitioner, Mrs Viv Woon on 01296 481380 or email@example.com
Page last updated: 06/07/22