At Elmhurst, we believe that our uniform promotes a sense of identity, looks smart and encourages the children to take pride in both their appearance and the school. We recognise, acknowledge and respect individual identity.
School uniform is compulsory for all pupils at Elmhurst School. Children are permitted to wear non-branded items (with the exception of the climacool PE t-shirt and, if worn, the school kameeze) providing non-branded items match the school colours.
Uniform may be adapted for children with SEND sensory needs or to meet a child's protected characteristics following consultation with the school SENDCo, Christabel Bunce.
Elmhurst school uniform consists of the following items:
- Royal blue polo shirt with or without school logo
Black skirt, trousers, pinafores or school shorts, skorts, culottes
Plain black or white socks
Bookbag with or without school logo (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2)
Black kameeze with school logo (handmade kameezes are not permitted)
Plain royal blue or black headwear e.g. hijab or turban
Royal blue summer dress/skorts (in the summer term and first half of the autumn term)
Children in Nursery and Reception do not require PE kit. Please note children in Year 1 - Year 6 wear PE kit to school at least one day per week so less other items are required.
For PE lessons, all children need:
Royal blue climacool t-shirt with school logo (this is a branded item that is required by pupils in Years 1 - Year 6)
Plain black/navy blue tracksuit trousers and a plain black/navy blue jumper (hoodies are not permitted) or royal blue fleece with or without school logo
Plain black/navy blue shorts (for warmer weather)
Children in Year 5 also take part in fully funded swimming lessons. Children are required to have the following items for these lessons:
- Swimming Costume
- Swimming Hat
- Goggles (optional)
Where can I purchase school uniform?
To purchase new uniform you can either order online at PLSchoolwear or buy directly from their shop which is located in the Rabans Lane Industrial Estate:
Sir Henry Lee Crescent
To purchase second-hand uniform you can browse available uniform through Uniformd from September 2021, which is run by Friends of Elmhurst PTA.
- All items of clothing must be clearly named.
- Leggings are not permitted (except for pupils in Nursery).
- Jeans are not permitted.
- Nail varnish and jewellery are not permitted. Children are permitted to wear plain stud earrings only and must be able to remove their own earrings for PE lessons. Hooped or long earrings are not allowed to be worn in school due to health and safety.
- Long hair must be tied back at all times including PE lessons. Hair accessories should be minimal and preferably in school colours.
- Boots and trainers are not permitted and children must wear a pair of sensible black school shoes.
- Children will need to wear a pair of trainers for PE lessons and can bring a pair to change into at break and lunch times on non-PE days.
- Children in KS2 may bring a mall rucksack to school instead of a bookbag but this must fit into their school locker. Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are not permitted to bring rucksacks to school.
- Children should have a warm and waterproof coat for inclement weather, there are no expectations over the colour or design of this.
- Children throughout the school will partake in outdoor learning and Forest School sessions so should bring a pair of wellies to school on these dates. Parents/carers are informed of these in advance of these sessions.
- In the summer months, children should bring a hat to school.
For further details please see our full policy here:
Page last updated: 21/07/23