At Elmhurst, we believe that our uniform promotes a sense of identity, looks smart and encourages the children to take pride in both their appearance and the school. School uniform is compulsory for all pupils at Elmhurst School.
Elmhurst school uniform consists of the following items:
- Royal blue polo shirt with school logo
Black skirt, trousers or school shorts (no pinafores)
If worn, black kameeze with school logo
If worn, plain royal blue hijab
Plain black or white socks
Royal blue summer dress (see example)
For PE lessons, all children need:
Royal blue climacool t-shirt with school logo
Plain black/navy blue tracksuit trousers and a plain black/navy blue jumper (hoodies are not permitted) or royal blue fleece with school logo
Plain black/navy blue shorts (for warmer weather)
Where can I purchase school uniform?
To purchase new uniform you can either order online at PLSchoolwear or buy directly from their shop which is located in the Rabans Lane Industrial Estate: PLSchoolwear, 56 Edison Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8TE
To purchase second-hand uniform you can browse available uniform through Uniformd from September 2021, which is run by Friends of Elmhurst PTA.
- All items of clothing must be clearly named.
- Nail varnish and jewellery are not permitted.
- Leggings are not permitted (except for pupils in Nursery).
- Jeans are not permitted.
- Children are permitted to wear plain stud earrings only and must be able to remove their own earrings for PE lessons. Hooped or long earrings are not allowed to be worn in school due to health and safety.
- Long hair must be tied back during PE lessons.
- Boots and trainers are not permitted and children must wear a pair of sensible black school shoes. However, children will need to wear a pair of trainers for PE lessons and can bring a pair to change into a break and lunch times on non-PE days.
Page last updated: 13/07/21